dina

The Well of Ascension
Brandon Sanderson
Children of Dune
Frank Herbert

Silently and Very Fast (Signed)

Silently and Very Fast - Catherynne M. Valente Full review at SFF Book Review.Catherynne Valente doesn't take single wrong step. On the one hand, I am shocked it took me until the first Fairyland book to discover her, on the other hand, I am happy about the amount of unread Valente books I have sitting on my shelves.This novella (which you can read for free on the Clarkesworld Magazine page - or even listen to on audio) creates a sort of mix between a science fiction story about an AI and mythology. There has to be mythology! It's beautifully written and even though it took me a while to get into, it paid off in the end. If you've never read Catherynne Valente, I'd suggest you start with [b:The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making|9591398|The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)|Catherynne M. Valente|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1317793528s/9591398.jpg|6749837]. But if you want a little bite-sized book that will leave you melancholy and thinking for yourself, you may as well choose this one.